WCRA provides a structure that enables residents to come together as a group to pursue change for our community that might otherwise be difficult to achieve individually.
We are always on the hunt for active volunteers who can spare some time to something done as part of our ongoing campaigns.
To date residents have participated in a number of active campaigns to help protect our area including campaigning to:
- Save Westfield Common from further damage and lobbying to get it restored.
- Oppose over development and protect our area from increasing urban sprawl.
- Stop littering, flytipping, speeding and other antisocial behaviour in our area.
We have carried out a number of environmental improvement projects have been carried out, such as:
- Protect the Common and the Semi-rural character of our area from unwanted or inappropriate changes, e.g. the campaign to restore Moor Lane Island.
- Deter crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Our famous ‘BigTidy‘ litter removal days.
- Restoring Moor Lane pond.
- Various green improvement projects including removing invasive plant species.
- Saving poorly trees.
- Turning scrub into gardens.
If you want something done in your patch of Westfield Common and are prepared to get stuck in then please get in touch!