Front Page on Westfield Common Land Swap Inquiry.
Independant Transport Study – Report
The report from the independant Transport Study has been delivered.
Summary of Findings
- the excessive distance to nearby bus stops, and hence non-compliance with government policy documents PPG13 and PPS3 which require new development to be sustainable and readily accessible to public bus transport;
- the vehicular capacity of the Westfield Road / Balfour Avenue junction which has been analysed using incorrectly assigned development traffic, and without forecasting to realistic future year scenarios (year 2006 analysed);
- questionable interpretation of PICADY output data, despite the output being based on incorrect input data;
- further concern over other nearby junctions, such as the Balfour Avenue /Westfield Common junction, where the proposed development is likely to have a significant impact;
- misleading statements regarding the width of vehicular access to the development site which do not consider the width of existing roads leading to the development and their associated vehicular capacity.
The report can be downloaded here: 2803_TS_Review
Kerry has offered to provide print copies tonight between the hours of 7:30pm and 8:30pm only.
Please contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org to make the arrangements.