Local tenant farmer Trevor Turner and WCRA Chairman Bill Corney were interviewed on BBC Radio Surrey about the Moor Lane Development. Listen here to what they had to say.
Housing Development: Bidder Presentations – 21 Mar 09
21st March 2009: Three companies bidding to build the major housing development proposed at Moor Lane presented design proposals to residents during a consultation with local residents.
The presentations were made at the Moorcroft Centre on the 21st March, between 11am and 4pm, to review the three developer’s proposals.
There was a massive turn-out at the event with residents raising strong concerns about:
- The density of the proposed housing development.
- The access routes to the site and impact on local traffic.
- The lack of facilties on the site.
- The lack of planning gain for existing residents.
- The lack of concern about potential flooding and other negative impacts on the local environment.
The event was featured in the local press and an article can be found here: http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2047992_big_doubts_over_scheme under a headline of “Big doubts over scheme“.