Front page coverage of rejection of Common Land exchange.
Westfield Way Fence Boundary Gaff continues the comedy of errors
Residents of Westfield Way have reported that the wrong Boundary fences are being installed on Kingsmoor Park, contrary to the previously published Site Boundary Plan and Design & Access Statement.
The approved plans stated that 1.8m high wooden fences (left most image of top row, below) would be installed around the existing residential properties of Westfield Way however instead the contractors have been installing the 1.5m fence (2nd from left, top row) that is intended to separate the gardens of the new properties.
Residents are somewhat disgruntled, pointing out that this is just the latest gaff to befall the development. Other problems that have occurred include:
- Construction vehicles using Moor Lane contrary to planning restrictions;
- Construction vehicles using the Westfield Way cul de sac to reverse onto the site;
- Contractor vehicles parking in Westfield Way contrary to planning consents;
- Contractor vehicles arriving on site in anti-social hours;
- Contractors laying road foundations over the root system of TPO protected Oaks;
- Complaints about noise nuisance from Dewatering pumps operating 24×7 on the site;
- Complaints about mud and mess being deposited on Westfield Way contrary to the site cleaning instructions mandated in the planning consent;
- Extensive site flooding;
- Pumping of flood water from the site into the SNCI drainage ditches.
The next meeting with the site developers is believed to be taking place on the 10th Feb at Moorcroft where many of the issues are expected to be aired by Westfield residents.